By popular demand I have been asked to share this recipe that I fluked tonight, so rather than procrastinate I am putting fingers to keyboard so I don’t forget.
Midweek meals are a pain in the rear, nobody offers any suggestion as to what they want and even if the kids say 1 thing then they have been known to change their mind once it is on their plate. If I am disorganised or something seems too hard or time consuming, then bad things CAN happen. (Did someone say pizza?)
So in honour of improving my health and well being this concoction was created tonight.
Half a head of cauliflower
1-2 cloves of garlic (depending on your taste)
300g of fresh or frozen peeled green prawns
300ml of thickened cream
5 or 6 small tomatoes
Handful of whatever herbs you have on hand (preferably fresh) I used flat leaf parsley and chives.
Ghee or butter for cooking
Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw prawns (if frozen) I do this by placing in a bowl of warm water while I’m prepping other stuff.
- Chop cauliflower in blender or Thermomix in short bursts so you don’t overdo it(Thermomix 2 seconds, speed 7) remove and put in hot frying pan with ghee or butter, fold it over every minute for about 5-7 minutes or until it has hint of brown. (Remove and set aside)
- Next mince, chop or Thermomix garlic (Thermomix without washing the bowl, 2 seconds, speed 7)
- In the same frying pan, lightly fry off the garlic, strain and add prawns until slightly pink (don’t overcook) then add cream, bring to the boil and reduce to simmer.
- Throw in halved tomatoes and chopped herbs, salt and pepper, cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Plate up like a true Masterchef and throw it on whatever plate you can find. Put a sprig of fresh herbs if you want it to look fancy. More pepper and voila, dinner is served.
So before you ask, no my kids did not eat this, but I did serve up some cauliflower rice (aka magic fairy dust) and a few small amounts went in their mouths.
NOTE: you could add more if you wanted like, kale, baby spinach, shallots or onions it depends on what your eating plan or WOE looks like.