Goal setting has aided me in the past and whilst I have had these in the back of my mind for a while I was inspired by reading a blog Imperfect Life to put fingers to keyboard and get this documented. Andrea has also had WLS (weight loss surgery) so I connected with a lot of what she had to say and completely agree the Surgery is a tool which sparked a complete overhaul.
The problem I have found with WLS is that whilst it treated the immediate problem of weight, it doesn’t always fix the underlying problem of food addiction, so for many like me it is a constant battle.
Andrea runs a Fitness Challenge whereby she encourages you to participate in 10 races or your own fitness goals which will physically challenge you to be faster, stronger and better than you were before. I am not participating in her challenge but it really struck a chord with me because whilst I used to compare myself to others and I am still curious about what other people do, lift and run, I am much more focused now on beating myself.
So here are my 10 Races/Goals:
- Go skydiving. Hubby bought me a voucher for my 40th Birthday so now over a year and a half later I am busting to do it. I have to weigh a maximum of 105kgs so I am aiming to weigh 103kg before booking my date.
- To crack the double digits weight goal. 99kgs by the end of September 2014.
- Pinkies Triathlon – October 2014 Long course (which in the world of Triathlon is like an Enticer).
- Leg Press “The Stack” at my Gym EnVie Woonona which is 103kgs x 5 reps. (Currently 82kgs 3 sets of 10 reps 15 July 2014)
- Play a Paintball Tournament – The Masters November 2014
- Mud Run or similar before Christmas 2014.
- Run 7km non-stop. (Just cracked 5k on 12 July 2014 and beat my time today 26 July 2014).
- Aquathon – Australia Day 2015
- Husky Enticer Triathlon – Feb 2015
- Sydney City to Surf 2015 – 14k (more of a longer term goal but it’s on my bucket list, run, walk or crawl, who’s keen?).
So there are my goals, I will keep you updated on my progress. Who has some goals they would like to share, I love to hear what everyone else is striving to achieve.